Terms and conditions:
1. Interpretation and application
1-1 In these terms and conditions (the “Conditions”) “We”, “Us” or “Our” means U drive plus - www.udriveplus.co.uk
1-2 “You” or “Your” means you the customer.
1-3 You must read these Conditions in full as they set out the complete terms upon which We have agreed to provide and You have agreed to obtain driving lesson tuition from Us, by agreeing to partake in driving lessons you agree to our terms and conditions so .
1-4 We and Your Driving Instructor reserve the right to charge for any lessons affected by Your failure to comply with any of these Conditions.
2. Driving Lesson Tuition with Udriveplus driving School
2-1 U drive plus offer driving lesson tuition with a Udriveplus Instructor (“Your Driving Instructor”).
3. Your Driving Instructor
3-1 Your Driving Instructor is one of Our self-employed franchisees whose relationship with Us is governed by a franchise agreement. No contractual liability shall arise or subsist between You and Us. We will endeavour to assist You with Your requirements. All of Our Driving Instructors are licensed to carry on business as driving instructors and have obtained such licences from the Driving Standards Agency, which is an executive agency of the Department for Transport.
4-1 Lesson Tuition is only available to persons who meet the following criteria:
◦ Aged 17 or over (or aged 16 if in receipt of the higher rate element of the disability living allowance)
◦ Who hold a valid UK provisional driving licence (“Licence”)
◦ Who are legally entitled to drive in the UK.
4-2 Your responsibilities
◦ It is Your responsibility to ensure that You have the appropriate Licence and the Licence must be presented to Your Driving Instructor prior to the commencement of Your tuition.
◦ Your Instructor reserves the right to refuse to provide You with lesson tuition or to cancel any lessons You have agreed to or booked, without liability, if You fail to provide him/her with the Licence prior to Your first lesson, it is your responsibility to read and keep up to date with all the terms and conditions laid out in this agreement.
◦ Your lesson tuition is governed by a contract between You and Your Instructor. Accordingly, You and Your Instructor are responsible for arranging the date, time, pick-up location and duration of Your lessons..
◦ You will treat Your Instructor with respect and follow Your Instructor’s reasonable instructions, particularly with regard to matters affecting Your health and safety or the health and safety of others. You agree that any form of abuse physical or verbal will result in immediate forfeiture of any agreed services along with any payments for such services, any form of abuse will not be tolerated towards any of our employees.
◦ You will pay for any driving lessons booked a minimum of 24 hours in advanced, any lessons not paid for within this period or cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy, may not go ahead and will still be charged at the full price.
* You will read these terms and conditions in full and only agree to take lessons if you agree fully to the terms set out, We may also use a calender app (Totaldrive or similar), it is your responsibility to only accept the terms and conditions on the app once you have read and understood these terms and conditions, the date and time of your digital signature/acceptance will be kept for future purposes.
* You will create your driving profile on the app with correct factual information and update the address on the profile should the pick up location change for the lesson this needs to be done atleast 24 hours before your lesson or the lesson may not go ahead and may still be chargeable.
4-3 Your Driving Instructors responsibility
◦ 4-3.1-Provide You with lesson tuition at the hourly rate communicated to You from time to time.
◦ 4-3.2-Recommend what are, in their opinion, the most appropriate training methods and aids to help You study for Your theory and hazard perception test.
◦ 4-3.3-Design a course of lessons to match Your specific driving and learning needs from Your first lesson right through to Your practical test.
◦ 4-3.4-Provide You with lessons which will last one hour or such other duration as You and Your Instructor will agree in advance.
◦ 4-3.5.Provide a presentable, modern, properly maintained and dual controlled U drive plus branded car for each lesson.
◦ 4-3.6-Recommend, where appropriate, advanced courses to help You develop Your skills for; motorway driving, driving in extreme weather conditions and Pass Plus.
◦ 4-3.7-Give You relevant feedback during Your lesson and record Your development in Your Driving track record at the end of each lesson.
◦ 4-3.8-Monitor Your progress, advise and recommend what is, in their opinion, the appropriate time to book Your mock practical test and once it has been agreed between you both, apply for Your practical driving test and where required, they will advise whether it should be subsequently rescheduled.
◦ 4-3.9-Provide training on a one-to-one basis with no other learner in the car.
◦ 4-3.10-Honour the full time booked for each lesson, which should include an introduction, practical training and a debrief at the end of Your lesson.
◦ 4-3.11-At all times conduct themselves in a professional manner including: being courteous and considerate to You and your learning needs, restricting mobile phone use to emergencies or for Your benefit.
◦ 4-3.12-Reserve the right to cancel a lesson or finish a lesson early on grounds of road safety.
◦ 4-3.13-Not discriminate against You and will always abide by the law.
◦ 4-3.14-Endeavour to be on time at the agreed pick-up point and be available for the full duration of the lesson booking, subject to any circumstances beyond their control.
◦ 4-3.15-Endeavour to give You 24 hour notice (excluding Bank Holidays) should a lesson need to be rescheduled if the situation allows.
◦ 4-3.16-Respond professionally to any worries or issues that You may have and try to resolve them to Your satisfaction. If requested, they will give You the name of the Manager to whom You can refer the matter.
◦ 4-3.17-If Your Driving Instructor is for whatever reason unable to comply with their obligations to You, both We and Your Driving Instructor reserve the right to arrange for an alternative udriveplus Instructor to provide You with some or all of Your driving tuition. We will use Our best endeavours to notify You or the alternative instructor who will provide You with Your lesson tuition. If We or Your Instructor are unable to arrange for an alternative Instructor to provide Your lesson tuition, or in the event of a mechanical breakdown of the vehicle in which You have been learning to drive, or for any other reason, the Instructor reserves the right to rearrange Your lessons for a time convenient to both You and the Instructor.
5. Lesson Cancellation Policy
5-1 You must give Us or Your Instructor at least 36 hour notice (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays) (the “Minimum Notice”) if You wish to cancel or rearrange a driving lesson, otherwise You will be liable to pay for 100% of the lesson fee.
5-2 Where You have pre-paid for any lesson but fail to attend or provide the Minimum Notice to cancel or rearrange the lesson, it will be counted as a lesson taken for the purposes of the lesson cancellation policy and You will be liable for the lesson fee.
5-2a notification of cancellation/ reschedule should be done by phone call or text message to 07400081008 (stating: name- address- date and time of lesson in question and your driving instructors name) or your driving instructors number, any other form of notification will not be accepted. (to ensure both you and your instructor are kept upto date)
5-3 You will not be able to sell or transfer any driving lessons which You have pre-paid for to any third party, without obtaining Our prior written consent.
5-4. Should the instructor have to cancel a lesson due to personal circumstances or not having a road worthy car neither u drive plus ltd or the instructor will be held liable for any losses incurred be that directly or indicated. The instructor will endeavour to make up the time as soon as is possible in accordance with his/her diary .
5-4.1 if a driving lesson is cancelled at short notice by the instructor due to personal reasons any reasonable costs i.e Bus fair (if pick up was from a different location to drop off) or childcare costs will be reimbursed through lesson credit to the maximum value of 1 hour of driving tuition. (Evidence will need to be provided with any professional invoices/bus tickets as and when required)
5-4.2 If a driving test needs to be cancelled last minute due to the instructor needing time off for personal reasons/as a result of missing the driving test appointment (due to turning up late to test centre due to the instructor) the driving test booking fee will be reimbursed through lesson credit or monetary value.
5-4a.On occasion the instructor may choose not to charge for a cancelled lesson (by you) this is entirely at the instructors discretion we at u drive plus will try and be as understanding and empathetic as we can and work with you and the instructor to come to a reasonable decision but the ultimate decision is up to the instructor.
5-4b.Students who book lessons are required to pay a deposit of £20 to secure a booking.Which is non-refundable in the event of a “no show” or a cancellation outside of the “cancellation policy”
This will be implemented to avoid disruption of your lessons and avoid available slots being taken by students who can’t use the time. UDrive plus is a responsible driving school and all mitigating circumstances will be considered carefully, but we also have a responsibility towards students who want to learn to drive and will endeavour to do our best to avoid disruption to our students learning.
5-4c Students will be placed on the waiting list if there is no availability, a £20 non refundable fee (the deposit) will be charged for this service, we will place you onto the waiting list for a period upto 12 months after which if we were unable to allocate a driving lessons. you will receive a full refund
6-1 Your Instructor will carry the appropriate motor insurance and be able to provide such documentation, should You be involved in an accident, whilst under the supervision of Your Instructor.
6-1a In conjunction with article 4-2 subpoint four, if the vehicle is damaged, and it is in our/instructors opinion a breach of this article. you will be liable in full or part for the damages caused as result and any repair costs . it is your responsibility as part of this agreement to follow your instructor's reasonable and fair instruction so as to avoid any damage and in the interest of safety.
Any kerb damage to alloy wheels/ tyres unfortunately is not always covered by insurance, you the student agree to pay towards the cost of any alloy wheel refurbishment/tyre repair in the event a wheel is damaged during your lesson while you was driving. A charge of £75 will apply as a minimum.
7-1 We reserve the right to change the price of all Our learner driver products including all Lessons, at any time.
8. Non-Block Booked Tuition
8-1 The price of lessons that have not been pre-paid may be changed at any time. You will receive prior notice of any price increases.
8-2. Lessons needs to be paid for at the start of the lesson.
9-1 The cost of Block Booked tuition is based on the lesson price in force at the time that the booking is made and will be honoured for a period of 6 months from the date of the booking. We reserve the right to increase the price of any unused tuition time.
9-1a. In the event a block booking is cancelled after one hour of tuition has been taken, any time taken will be charged at standard rate for lessons before any refunds are issued should UDrive plus agree that you are entitled to a refund.
10. Special Offers & Packages
10-1 We also reserve the right to introduce (and to withdraw) offers from time to time in respect of both Our driving tuition together with any other products that We may decide.
10-2 Such offers will not affect the price of Block Bookings unless it is expressly stated within the offer.
10-3 These terms and conditions shall apply to the special offers published on the Web site udriveplus.co.uk or in any social media advertising,leaflet or publication.
10-4 Only one offer can be applied at any time, no offer combinations exist.
10-5 The free lesson offer will apply for the last lesson before the practical test, if you decide not to take the test with us this will be forfeited, this can not be taken in conjunction with any other offers without prior consent from u drive plus, and this offer cannot be transferred to any other learners.
11-1 A monthly draw will take place on the last day of the month. Entry to the draw will be automatic on payment for a package to Us and not to the instructor, only one entry per person per month. The draw will be made by Us or one of our Instructors.
11-2 The winner will be published on Facebook udriveplus and be notified personally by their instructor or by post.
11-3 We reserve the right to cancel the draw at any time, notice will be given.
12-1 If You recommend a friend to UDrive plus You will receive 10% off lessons of the cost of your own intensive course. arranged with the office. The offer only takes effect upon the friend either paying for a intensive package or having completed 15 hours normal tuition with Your instructor.
12-2 We are in no way liable for such offers made by any of Our instructors.
12-3 There is no monetary value for the offer, it must be taken as or part of a lesson.
13-1 You must pay for Your product(s), good(s) or lesson(s) in advance when using any of the following:
13-1A payment via credit or debit card online at www.udriveplus.co.uk
13-1B payment via Bank transfer to:
13-1C We do not accept cheques.
14-1 Where You make any payments directly to Your Instructor or any of Our Instructors and the Instructor fails to pass on such payments to Us, We will not be liable for any shortfalls in such payments or any missing payments or any other failure on the part of the Instructors to forward such payments on to Us and You acknowledge that You will at all times be liable for any payments that remain outstanding to Us.
14-2 Further, You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to ask for and to obtain appropriate receipts or other proofs, in relation to all payments You make to Your Instructor or any of Our Instructors. Where We are able to, We will endeavour to assist with any discrepancies in payments You have made without ever accepting liability for the same. Subject to You having sufficient funds, all online payments that You make will be shown on Your account within 48 hours of being made.
14-3 We do not accept responsibility or liability for any payments however made, being lost, delayed, misappropriated, rejected, tampered with, being short of the required amount or any overpayment on Your part. It is Your responsibility to ensure that You have sufficient funds to make all payments to Us and to ensure that You have paid Us the correct amount.
15-1-1 You are entitled to cancel Your lesson tuition up to 7 days following the date of commitment (“Booking Date”) or otherwise in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 (the “Regulations”). If You have not taken any lesson(s) within the first 7 days of the Booking Date You will be entitled to a full refund of any amounts paid, subject to deduction of the Refund Charge or 10% whichever is greater.
15-2 If You have taken lesson(s) within the first 7 days, and You wish to cancel You will not be eligible for a refund on any lessons taken.
15-2a. block booking,no full refund , refunds will be worked out pro rata for the first 14 days... thereafter block bookings are non refundable
15-2b. Intensive course needs to be paid for in advanced before lessons are booked in,
Intensive courses are only refundable if less than three hourly (10%) lessons are taken, the instructors diary is hard to manage and because the slots have already been allocated it’s very difficult for them to get them allocated elsewhere hence why the charge would stick.
15-3 No refund is payable where a period of 6 months has lapsed since Your booking date.
15-4 If You are entitled to any refund, You will be required to pay an administration charge of £20 to process the refund (the “Refund Charge”). The Refund Charge will be deducted from each refund that is paid back to You.
15-5 Where it is possible to do so, and We agree to refund You any amounts, We will do so using the same method You used when You made the payment. If for any reason We are unable to refund You using the same method with which You paid, We reserve the right to refund You by any other method We deem appropriate.
15-6 We may request additional information from You to confirm Your identity in order to comply with the Money Laundering Regulations 2007. We will also use this information to ensure adherence to Our Merchant Operating Instructions for card collection facilities.
15-7 Refunds may take up to 21 working days to reach You or Your account.
15-8Gift Vouchers – Vouchers must be used within 6 months of purchase and are non refundable.
16. Limitation of Liability
16-1.Should the instructor have to cancel a lesson due to personal circumstances or not having a road worthy car neither u drive plus or the instructor will be held liable for any losses incurred be that directly or indicated.
The instructor will endeavour to make up the time as soon as is possible in accordance with his diary .
On occasion the instructor may choose not to charge for the lesson this is entirely at the instructors discretion we at u drive plus will try and be as understanding and empathetic as we can and work with you and the instructor to come to a reasonable decision.
16-1a We have, or shall have no liability to You in relation to any injury, loss or damage arising from the use of the tuition vehicle or from the facts or omissions of Your Instructor or any other one of Our Instructors.
16-2 We will not in any event be liable for any losses relating to any business interests that You may have including but not limited to loss of profits, business, loss of opportunity or any business interruptions or delays that You may incur. This does not apply to any claim You may have for personal injury or death and nothing in these Conditions will affect Your statutory rights.
16-2a. Instructors may charge for using the learner vehicle for the test, upto a maximum of £75
16-3 We do not guarantee to provide or procure the provision of any of the services referred to in these Conditions if We are prevented from doing so in circumstances beyond Our reasonable control, including without limitations, the activities of civil government authorities, third party industrial disputes, internal industrial disputes where We have taken reasonable steps to prevent the effects of such action on any of the services set out in these Conditions but have been unable to do so; acts of God, or severe weather conditions We reserve the right to make reasonable changes to the services referred to in these Conditions and to these Conditions for any reason We deem necessary.
16-4 Where We do make any such changes, We will give You reasonable notice of the changes. If as a direct result of such changes the services We provide to You are substantially varied to Your detriment, and where We are satisfied with the same, You may cancel Your agreement with Us by giving not less than 30 days’ notice in writing to Our address below.
16-5 Any refunds that You may be entitled to will be dealt with in accordance with Our Refund Policy set out above. If any provision of these Conditions is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness, be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of these Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
16-6 Informing You about Products and Services. If You decide You do not wish to receive such information, please inform Us, but be aware that this will prevent You from receiving Our special offers and/or promotions.
17-1 For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in relation to the information You supply is U drive plus
17-2 We may use the information You provide for administration, marketing, customer services and profiling Your purchasing preferences. When You give Us information about another person, You confirm that they have authorised You to act for them, to consent to the processing and use of their personal data in the manner described in this notice and to receive on their behalf any data protection notice.
17-3 You have the right to ask for a copy of Your information (for which We will charge a reasonable fee to cover Our administration costs) and to correct any inaccuracies contained therein.
18-1 If You have any concerns or complaints about any part of Your driving tuition which cannot be resolved with Your Instructor, please contact the Business Manager. Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
18-2 Customer care at u drive plus .
* To ensure quality of service calls may be recorded and monitored